ArchiCAD 17 installers for Hotfix’s will only run in Java 7 on the Mac. If you have Mac OS 10.10.x for example you will have Java 8 installed by default. You will need to remove Java 8 and install Java 7 to run the installers, below is what I had to do.
1. Uninstall Oracle Java by deleting the Java Plugin file
Uninstalling Oracle Java involves deleting the Java Plugin file
To uninstall Java, you must have Administrator privileges.
- Click on the Finder icon located in your dock
- Click on Applications tab on the sidebar
- In the Search box enter
- This will find the JavaAppletPlugin.plugin file
- Right click on JavaAppletPlugin.plugin and select Move to Trash