ArchiCAD completely rewrote the management interface into a web application. To access this web interface, navigate to the default address (be sure you include the port) server.mydomain.com:1228 Below are terminal commands to start and stop the server. If you have a previous version running on the same server, you will not be able to use it once you install V18.
Default ports: http is 1228 and listening port is 18008
Example terminal command to list all running GRAPHISOFT servers:
sudo launchctl list |grep ‘com.graphisoft’
Example terminal commands to start the BIM Server:
sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.graphisoft.PortalServerService-v18.0.plist
sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.graphisoft.TeamworkApplicationServerMonitor-v18.0.plist
For a complete start, both commands need to be used.
Example terminal commands to stop the BIM Server:
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.graphisoft.PortalServerService-v18.0.plist
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.graphisoft.TeamworkApplicationServerMonitor-v18.0.plist
For a complete stop both commands needs to be used. To restart the server, first stop it and then start it again.
To control whether the BIM Server is automatically started with the computer:
- Navigate to the folder of the LaunchDaemons (Library/LaunchDaemons) in Finder
- Drag and drop the .plist files to your desktop (you can only edit the files there using command line editors, this trick helps to avoid using those)
- Open the .plist files in a Property List Editor or in any text editor
- Change the RunAtLoad to No (Property List Editor) or change the RunAtLoad key to false as on the pictures below
- Drag and drop the files back to the original lication (authentication will be required)
The best is keeping the settings on automatic, but in some situations the manual setting can be useful:
- if the Projects and Libraries (Project and Attachment folder) are stored on external storage, which might be unavailable when the computer boots
- for troubleshooting purposes