Follow this link to Clear On Tech.
sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo spctl --master-enable
- On the server, go to the Time Machine menu item and select enter Time Machine. This will mount your Time Machine disk image automatically.
- On another machine open up an ssh session as an administrator (or you can mount the Time Machine backup image manually and do this locally)
- sudo bash to get a root shell (the Open Directory files are not accessible to a regular admin account)
- Stop the Open Directory Service with “serveradmin stop dirserv”
- cd to /Volumes/Time Machine Backups/Backups.backupdb/servername
- Here you will find a list of directories with the Time Machine backup sessions. Find one that is just before OD started going south and cd into it and descend to : /Volumes/Time Machine Backups/Backups.backupdb/servername/date/servername/private/var/db
- Then sync the data from the backup onto the source disk with : rsync -av openldap/ /private/var/db/openldap/
- Start the Open Directory Service with “serveradmin start dirserv”
If you are trying to send emails from a security camera appliance, printer, etc and you are unable to connect the issue might be resolved by turning off the security setting in Gmail. Log into your account and follow this link to turn this setting off and try sending you email again.
php.ini will need to be set for “utf-8” you can find it in /etc
I like pico so did the following, don’t forget to backup files before making major changes.
sudo pico /etc/php.ini
Then I uncommented the line, I found it by using “Where Is” then to restart Apache
sudo apachectl restart
ArchiCAD 17 installers for Hotfix’s will only run in Java 7 on the Mac. If you have Mac OS 10.10.x for example you will have Java 8 installed by default. You will need to remove Java 8 and install Java 7 to run the installers, below is what I had to do.
1. Uninstall Oracle Java by deleting the Java Plugin file
Uninstalling Oracle Java involves deleting the Java Plugin file
To uninstall Java, you must have Administrator privileges.
- Click on the Finder icon located in your dock
- Click on Applications tab on the sidebar
- In the Search box enter
- This will find the JavaAppletPlugin.plugin file
- Right click on JavaAppletPlugin.plugin and select Move to Trash
3. Install Java 7 from here
Bash Keyboard Shortcuts
Moving the cursor:
Ctrl + a Go to the beginning of the line (Home) Ctrl + e Go to the End of the line (End) Ctrl + p Previous command (Up arrow) Ctrl + n Next command (Down arrow) Alt + b Back (left) one word Alt + f Forward (right) one word Ctrl + f Forward one character Ctrl + b Backward one character Ctrl + xx Toggle between the start of line and current cursor position
When no arguments are given, find lists all files in the current directory and all of its subdirectories. Commonly used options to shorten the list include -name (only list files with a certain pattern in their name), -iname (also ignore the case of file names), and -type (which will restrict the results to files of a certain specified type, such as d for directory, l for symbolic link or f for a regular file, etc).
Turn Time Machine ON
sudo tmutil enable
Turn Time Machine OFF
sudo tmutil disable